Over 1.2 billion journeys are made on the UK’s rail network each year. Advertising on the ticket gateways therefore enables you to reach millions of affluent commuters every day (over 80% are ABC1, and 40% are AB).
According to a recent Network Rail report, almost one third of all journeys are made by commuters on their way to and from work or on business trips.
Other rail users might be on their way to university, going on holiday or pursuing leisure and shopping activities, ensuring that AdGates are relevant for a wide range of products and brands.
60% of rail commuters use the same station on a weekly basis, increasing brand reinforcement to your target audience.
How it works
AdGates require your audience to actually walk through your advertising messages, making them fully interactive and unmissable. Research has shown that AdGates have a six times higher recall than any other form of advertising in the rail environment! People simply can’t escape your AdGates campaign as they have to funnel through it when they travel – one of only four truly unavoidable media in outdoor!
If you would like to book an AdGate campaign, please use the contact form and a member of our team will be in touch.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Railway stations are busy vibrant places and many are on the way to becoming destinations themselves. They offer diverse areas with businesses such as bars, shops and restaurants at many locations. T4: Alvern’s AdGates provide a unique method of standing out from the crowd. Everyone who passes through the barriers needs a ticket. This allows independent verification of audience figures – meaning your AdGates campaign is totally accountable.
- Route is a research study of 28,000 people offering a unique insight into travel patterns and the advertising formats commuters see.
- The research measures the flow of people through stations. London Victoria has over 50,000 alternative ways to pass through the station and the single common place that every person taking a train filters through is an AdGate ticket gateway.
- All commuters that see AdGates are counted – not just based on ticket transactions.
- All rail media can now be accurately compared.
Route says advertising on AdGates gets you:
- 2 weeks concourse AdGate on the 10 London termini based upon ‘all adults’ = 95,303,780 impacts, with a reach of 3,445,667 and a frequency of 28.
- 82% efficiency for ABC1’s adults against all adults.
- 53% efficiency for AB’s adults against all adults.
- 2 weeks concourse AdGate on the 10 London termini based upon ‘ABC1 25-54’ = 64,949,670 impacts, with a reach of 2,094,282 and a frequency of 31.
AdGates work because:
- They communicate with commuters 100% head on and directly in their line of sight.
- They are ideal for brand impact and directional targeting plus modal targeting for morning and evening traffic.
- They prompt impulse purchases on the way into work.
- They target commuters when they have time to conduct personal research using a smart phone or tablet.
- They tell a story using multiple creatives as well as amplifying the message with other out-of-home formats.
- 1.3 billion journeys go through AdGates each year
- 82% of all rail passengers that interact with AdGates are ABC1
- Modal advertising – capture commuters at the beginning and end of every journey
- 60% of all rail commuters use the same station weekly providing repetition of message
- 18 minute dwell time concourse side in rail termini
3,152 AdGates nationally at 143 rail stations. Available nationally, regionally, or by individual station.
To book an AdGate campaign, please get in touch via our Contact form.